- Please bid in time and clearly. You are important to us and we
don't want to miss your bid.
- If you are the highest accepted bidder when the gavel falls you
are under a binding contract to purchase a property. An Acuitus
team member will give you a purchaser's card.
- Write your name and address as the bidder; details of the buyer
if this is different and the name and address of the solicitor who
is acting for the buyer. This information is used to complete the
memorandum of sale, printed in the back of the catalogue.
- At this point we ask for a deposit cheque for 10% of the
purchase price drawn on a UK clearing bank and payable to the
seller's solicitor unless the Special Conditions of Sale mention
something else. The cheque is specially cleared as soon as possible
so please ensure you have adequate funds in your account. We do not
- At the same time you will be asked for two original forms of
identification to meet the Money Laundering Regulations 2007
(Further information can be obtained by viewing the core guidance notes on the OFT website.)
- On completion we will guide you to our contract table to sign
the memorandum of sale and any other relevant documents. We will
give you copies of the signed documents which you should give to
- VAT may be charged on the purchase price. Please read the
Special Conditions of Sale relevant to the lot you are bidding for
prior to auction.
If you wish to speak to the auctioneer or if you have
any questions please ask us before the auction begins. We will do
our best to answer you ourselves or ask the seller's solicitor to
For more information please contact us.